Advertising and marketing of a sellers listing is crucial. Over 80% of those searching for homes are going on line before contacting an agent. We not only advertise our Sellers Listings to the Maximum, we advertise other agent’s listings as well. You will plainly see that when you are searching for Santa Clarita Real Estate keywords, punching in MLS numbers into Google, or copying and pasting the addresses of homes in as well.
With Transparency comes Business. It is a natural progression. Content is King when it is applied to any Business endeavor – We focus our on topic content on everything applicable to Santa Clarita Real Estate.
“I only work with Listing Agents when I am looking to buy a home!”
Here are some of the unexpected or unknown issues that you need to know if you are a believer in the Bolded and Underlined statement:
- Listing agents are under contract with the Seller – Of course that is a given and understood. But being under contract when selling someone’s home equates to the establishment of a fiduciary responsibility on the part of the listing agent. Good for the Seller and a disadvantage to the Buyer being represented by the same agent…
- Listing agents know the Sellers Bottom line – That is great, that is why we only want to work with them. However, It is against the pre-written type in the Real Estate listing contracts for the Agent representing the seller to reveal the sellers bottom line without approval.
- The Listing Agent told me that I had to use them – when you are driving around unprotected by your very own real estate representative, entering open houses, contacting listing agents, you are going to be told a lot of things as they attempt to convert you as their client. This also applies if you fill out anything at any New Housing center, by writing your name on any piece of paper (interest card), you have just limited your options to have your very own agent represent and protect you!
- I told the Listing Agent I am working with a Realtor – Awesome, but if they show you the home without your own representative present, they now have something called “procuring cause” which means that even if you have your very own Realtor that has been working hard for you, you have just worked your agent out of getting a pay check, if they represent you on the home you saw with the other agent. How would you like to go to work for several weeks, months or in some cases years only to find out you were not going to get paid?
- Utilizing the Listing Agent Limits your options – Negotiation is now one sided. There is no one that can clean up the terms of the contract coming from the Sellers Agent, whom you chose or were tricked into using. As far as contingencies, time frames, changes to the verbiage within contract, two sided negotiation, deposits being refunded(in case you change your mind), wanting not to pay too much, total disclosure with regard to special assessments – mello roos – special taxes that would be pointed out to you by your own representative, you are severely limiting your options and become totally dependent on the agent that told the seller they would get the most money for them in the shortest time possible.
People don’t use the Lawyer that is representing the prosecution when they are sued – They get their own representative and they are the best they can find or afford. Second opinions are always sought within the medical field when you are faced with “big issues”.
Isn’t buying a home a “big issue”? As Paris always says, “you are not buying a pair of shoes, you are buying something that takes 30 years to pay off…”